Friday, May 02, 2008

Dilemma...

Ok some background...

When I first fell in love with cross stitching (not when I started but when I fell in love with it) it was all because of Waiting for Ships by Mirabilia, I waited for ages for the "correct" fabric to arrive from an online LNS in NZ who then told me that it was no longer made... yeah right! But anyway I then discovered hand dyeds so that was a lucky save.... except the first colour I chose didn't work how I wanted it to... so I unpicked it and eventually used it for MotP. Then I was a member of a FotM and wanted to restart it and chose a fabric from my stash.... I really like the fabric, she stands out really well on it.... but its not oceany, as you can see which didn't worry me too much at the time but now I am sure its why I haven't yet completed her....... so


do I go through my now bigger fabric stash and find something else or do I just persevere and finish her?

Opinions please...

*hugs*

Andie

6 comments:

Mel said...

Thats a hard one. If it were me I would keep going. Unless you really hate the fabric she is on, then I would restart.
I am having trouble with 2 WIPs right now. True Love II is being stitched on 32 count lugana. I love the colour but I do not like the 32 count. I don't know if its just that fabby but it seems very tight. I would restart but the fabby is no longer available and I just love the colour.
And with night I hate the plain fabric, but I have almost done half so I am going to keep going on that one.

Chiloe said...

But you, what do you like for the mermaids? Do you like when the fabric is like the ocean? If so, then you should restart it , otherwise ; finish it !!! lol

Kathryn in NZ said...

hmmmm
Only restart if you find some fabric that you really truly love for Waiting for Ships OR if you find a chart that really really needs to be on the fabric you're using for WfS.
Just my two cents worth :)

vEr0n!c@ said...

If not liking the fabric is the only reason that's stopping you from stitching on it, then yes, you should probably restart it. However, don't do it unless you're very sure of your next fabric choice. I think it looks fine just as it is though. The fabric might not be 'oceany' but the contrast really makes her stand right out.

becca said...

Hello! I think the fabric looks awesome. I say stick with it.

I saw on Chiloe's blog where she won you celtic autumn with the color conversion that you did too it. I was wondering if you would share your conversion with me. I own the chart celtic aumtumn and would LOVE to stitch it with the colors you used. If so plz email me at rebecca_26_2005@yahoo.com
Plz and thank you

sugardoll said...

My dear, i think she looks fine in the fabric you started her. It may not seem oceany, but i kind of think like river or swamp where the sun is hitting the water. I think you should do what you think is best for you. If you can't stand her on this, then you should restart, otherwise, i think she is beautiful mermaid and she will stand out no matter what fabby you are doing her on. Good luck! (hugs)