Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A bit of a rant

Okay this is only my opinion... but! Silkweaver has majorly peed me off!

I ordered from them on the 15th February, when I knew they were changing. I ordered knowing I would be paying a bit more than if I waited for the changeover but wanting to have decent service, what I had heard about the new folks didn't reassure me about customer service.

So on Monday, with still no shipping notice I sent an enquiry. Obviously to the new folks.

Here is my reply:

Thank you for your inquiry.

This item was on backorder from the original owners. We just receive the
listing of all orders and backorders not filled and we are working on them
now.

We will have your backorder item out to you by the end of next week.

We look forward to working with you.

Now I think this is totally wrong. I ordered from the original people, I should have recieved my order from the original people! I wonder which price I'm going to be charged?!

I wonder if I can cancel my order?

I'm just not happy with the whole thing. I won't be buying anymore from Silkweavers, they have lost my loyalty.

Especially when I see someone like Lori at Enchanted Fabrics who when shutting down informed her customers what was happening and then gave them the opportunity to place last orders and was so swamped with orders she is not quite finished with the first day of the sales orders yet! And she has been working many hours each day. Coping with the occasional abusive customer who wants their order faster than she can get to it.

Well rant over. Feel free to state your opinion :D

*hugs*

Andie

7 comments:

Kathy said...

OMG HUN that is terrible, if you ordered from them origionally they should send you the order not pas it onto who is taking over.

I would cancel my order at this point, such a disappointment. I am soooo gutted that Enchated fabbies have gone, I wish I had placed an order before she closed down, but didn't have the funds at the time.

I am hoping to start my own up soon, but I need to see if I can do it first lol. Gonna get some info first tho.

Will keep you posted.

Hugs xxxxx

Kim B said...

You should stand your ground with the price if they try to charge you the newer, higher price! You should be charged what you were told you would be charged at the time of order. Good luck Andie!

Lisa M said...

Well neither of us seem to be having luck getting our stash!!! I totally understand the frustration.

Re: Silkweaver I didn't realise they had changed hands but I was on their website just this past weekend and noticed a heck of a change - distribution via zweigart I think?! I haven't been too impressed with silkweaver for a while now they seemed to really like purple and pink (to which there is a limit) and seemed garish. But maybe that's my tastes changing.

I agree stick to your guns about the price... And I wonder if you hadn't emailed would you have ever been updated; ever told who actually dyed the fabric? Seems a bit rich that you have to email them to ask for an update when they clearly knew that there were a number of customers with left over orders.

Stitching Sweetie said...

I haven't ordered from them in a long time. When they changed ownership I think you should of gotten an e-mail letting you know about the change & asking if you still wanted your order filled or offering a refund.

Blue_dreamer said...

Hey Andie,

That is horrible!!!

I have heard only bad things about them since they changed over. A friend ordered ages ago from them (before the changeover), and they sent her the wrong colour, and when she contacted them about it, they sent her another colour that had no resemblance to the colour on their site... she has given up now!!

Hope your order comes soon and it is the right colour!!!

*big hugs*

JM

vEr0n!c@ said...

I'm sorrie to hear about the trouble you're having with Silkweaver :(

By the way, I've nominated you for 2 awards on my blog. Hopefully that will cheer you up somewhat :)

flowers to australia said...

Nice effort, very informative, this will help me to complete my task.
flowers to australia
flowers in australia
flower delivery australia
valentines day flowers australia