Thursday, February 24, 2011

Still Here

I know its been a wee while since I posted. DH is working away in the North Island so that makes my life a lot harder. I am totally blessed to have him. I normally complain when Mike has to work away in the North Island but this time I can say I am very happy.... otherwise he would have been in Christchurch

The damage in Christchurch is just heart breaking and I start crying everytime I look for an update. I did have the t.v on the first day but turned it off as Bethany was getting very upset at the sirens going off and people crying and people with blood all over them.

Christchurch is two hours North of us, so although we felt the earthquake and some of the aftershooks there is no damage here (and if there is I haven't been out looking for it) I have lots of friends in Christchurch and am so thankful that they are all ok. One of Tarissa best friends live there and they were so thankful that they were all home sick on the 22nd.

I am so very proud of our Prime Minister Mr John Key. And would have to say this is the first one I have ever liked. I think he is doing a wonderful job and he comes across with just the right attitude.

Here is a link to some photos of damage to Christchurch city if you haven't seen any yet. The photos are only of landscape damage.

I want to thank all of you who are not NZers and have sent your prayers, they are very welcome at this time.

Onto nicer news:

I finished South Seas Mermaid last night.

001

She is stitched on Polstitches Mythical Mermaid 32 count Jobelan, my photo isn't very good and I so wish it was, I know a lot of people don't like her so much but she is absolutely wonderful in person!

I am going to stitch on Dawn for the EF PRsal until Sunday then I will start on Sophias project for the Mirabilia RR

*big squeezy hugs*

Andie

12 comments:

Lisa x said...

Hi Andie, I found your blog through your post on the NH forum, it is really devastating what is happened in Chistchurch we were watching it on the news the other night and it was so upsetting to watch, it must be really frightening when it's so close to you
Lovely stitching, your mermaid looks amazing, how could anyone not like her

Linda K's Creativity Works said...

Congratulations on your finish....she is sure beautiful.

What are you going to stitch on next?

valerie said...

Beautiful finish! Perfect fabby for her.

Tracy J said...

I really love it. I will have to stitch this one myself one day even though I already have too many mermaids.

Dee said...

I am glad that you are safe and sound. Thank goodness your DH was on the north island.

The mermaid is lovely. You stitch beautifully!

Congratulations on the finish.

Yany said...

Andie, your mermaid is gorgeous, congratulations for this lovely work!!

I'm sending prayers,

Yany

loulee said...

I'm so glad you're all OK. My Hunneys family in Timaru were all shaken but unhurt too. Stay safe.
Your mermaid is beautiful, what a great finish.

♥ Nia said...

Gorgeous!! Congratulations on your finish :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad you're all safe. And that hubby wasn't there. I flew home from New York only 2 days before 9/11 and the relief was palpable. So close.

Heather said...

Happy that you're all OK!

Your mermaid is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on finishing her!

Kathy A. said...

Dearest Andie
I am very happy that your husband and family are all safe. The devestation is just so terrible. I hope tha things get better quickly for all. Your mermaid is stunning. You have done the most amazing job.

Julie said...

Your mermaid is stunning!

Been watching the updates on Christchurch on the news here in the UK, thank goodness your DH wasnt there.

I declare

  2018 to be the year of Chatelaine I'm finishing off 2017 with Deep Blue Sea And starting off 2018 with a new start sal with my bestie ...