Saturday, May 21, 2011

Winter Watergarden Part two

I got the first quarter of Part two done on WWG before it was time to put it away.  It didn't take long!  Only a day and a half!  So next month I imagine I will be able to get Part 2 completed.

First 1/4 Part 2

Whole piece with 1/4 of Part 2


I find that Marlitt horrid to stitch with,but the effect once the PB is added is gorgeous!

I'm going to pull out that backstitching on the cattails.  I thought I used the right colour but it looks wrong......

Thanks very much to Charlie for pointing out the back stitch that was missing on my Rhodes stitch :D

I think I will need to work on my special stitches technique but I'm guessing by the end it will be lots better.

Please don't forget to vote in my poll :D

*hugs*

Andie

7 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous Andie. Want to join a band sampler RR????

Ineke said...

It is beautiful, Andie!
If you slide the Marlitt through a wet cloth it behaves better.

Charbsandthebumpydog said...

Great Marlit tip Ineke. Andie, it looks great. I'm so with you on the effect of the snowy border, it's just glorious in real life isn't it.

Jules said...

That's really pretty!

wendy111 said...

This is looking lovely, and I look forward to seeing it growing.

Rachel said...

It looks lovely! I am learning a lot about specialty stitches with my first Chatelaine, and they really do break up some of the monotony of just cross stitches :) And they are soooo pretty!

Joysze said...

Andie, beautiful!!!! I can't wait for you to get back to this one. :D