Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The dilemma

I'm trying to decide what to do about Deep Blue Sea.  I love the piece, I love my fabric, but I'm really struggling to stitch it :(. I feel like I'm stitching blind :(

So do I keep trying, toss it and restart, or just toss it?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

*hugs*

Andie

P.s. I have tried bright lights both above and under and I have tried the light cloth on my lap, nothing seems to help..... I'm thinking antique White would be fab ;)

PPS: Thanks everyone for your advice, I have decided to restart on a different fabric

6 comments:

Barb said...

I would just lay it down for a while, come back to it after a few weeks and you'll be refreshed and ready to go on it again.

anastich said...

I've used a Daylight Uplight which had helped immensely

Fiona said...

Try stitching a small section on a different fabric, if you find yourself more 'willing' to stitch it on a different fabric then restart.

Kathy A. said...

It is such a beautiful design. There are many lovely fabrics out there thst would make you happier. Start again so that it brings you joy not dislike.

Tammy said...

I have tossed one or two needlework projects in my time. It *IS* a gorgeous piece, but if you don't want to stitch it, I'd suggest just putting it away and do something that excites you for a while. If you come back to it and you still don't want to tackle it, then maybe consider either giving it away or tossing. The world will not end if you do!

Tracy J said...

save it for 6 months or longer and then see how you feel about it. You may be reenergized to tackle it once again or be ready to let it go.

I declare

  2018 to be the year of Chatelaine I'm finishing off 2017 with Deep Blue Sea And starting off 2018 with a new start sal with my bestie ...