Saturday, July 12, 2008

Looking for a

tutorial

Ages ago I came across a tutorial on a blog for making a, gosh how do I describe it, kind of a fabric roll. A pool noodle was covered in fabric with a longer length of fabric attached so you placed your wip's on the length of fabric, rolled it up and wallah, you could store your wip's inside. I was thinking of it for my fabric stash. I was sure it was Leslie but I have been all thru her blog and can't find it. Does anyone remember what I am talking about?

Any help would be appreciated :D

*hugs*

Andie

edited: Chiloe yes I mean Voila lol, I was in a hurry and thought... theres something wrong with that lol also it was early and I was tired.... thats my excuse anyway :D

Mel a pool noodle is a very funny name, but thats the way the person described it so I thought that must be its name, its one of those"noodle" like things people use in the pool.... not sure what for lol

Thanks Mel in Dubai, I really appreciate your help.... alas Anne does link to a site with the pattern, but I'm cheap and wanted a cheap one :D and it was actually her post that reminded me I wanted to make one lol

I can probaby figure out what I need to do anyway :D

5 comments:

Chiloe said...

Is wallah = voila?

I saw it too not a long time ago but don't remember where? on a stitching board? Hope someone will know.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sorry, I have never seen it.

Mel said...

Andie, what the heck is a pool noodle?

Mel in Dubai said...

Andie, Anne S of Feather Stitching fame (http://shakatak66.wordpress.com/) has a pic of one she's just made in her blog. She may be able to point you in the right direction for instructions on how to make it :)

Mel in Dubai said...

Me again :)

Found some instructions online here - http://www.geckogully.com/how_to_make_a_block_roll.htm

Hope that helps :)

I declare

  2018 to be the year of Chatelaine I'm finishing off 2017 with Deep Blue Sea And starting off 2018 with a new start sal with my bestie ...