Friday, January 14, 2011

Those Chatelaines!!

I recently pulled out my Watergarden wip. I've always felt kind of intimidated by Chatelaines. Everyone always says how big they are and how intricate. After studying it a wee while I have come to the conclusion that its nothing I can't handle, so I'm not going to be intimidated by it any longer. I have a few patterns in my stash, Watergarden as a wip and Secret Victorian Garden all kitted up except for fabric. So I'm going to get onto them :D

These are my favourites of the new/er ones. I especially like Winter Watergarden, Autumn Watergarden (gorgeous in the pictures of actual stitching I have seen) and Venice mandala. I really love dragonflies, which is why the fairy garden one made my list...... I know there is flowers option instead but it doesn't have as many dragonflies lol

All images are copywrited Martina Rosenberg/Chatelaine






































































































































































































*hugs*

Andie













p.s sorry about the big gaps..... stupid blogger photo uploader!

9 comments:

Deb said...

Don't let those Chatelaine's intimidate you at all. You can do them. I've only done one - Alhambra - but I have two others in the mix - Provence and Convent's Herbal Garden. I hope that you start back up on Watergarden. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The end result is spectacular!!

Rachel said...

They are all so pretty. I only one, Medieval Town Mandala, and I haven't even taken it out of the package it came in :( Very intimidated! Someday though, I would like to start it. I would love to see your WIPs :)

ana~stitch said...

Oh Andie, they are sooo enjoyable and not at all hard! I'm thoroughly addicted, having finished Taj Mahal, Carribean, Japanese Octagon Box, and several smaller mandalas. I have a few of the newer ones on the go, including Hummingbird which you have shown. I like to rotate them with my Mirabilias. I think they have a lot in common - lots of bling! As Martina says - take them one stitch at a time!

Always smiling said...

I too have one Convents Herbal Garden all ready kitted up and ready to go, but yes I too feel intimitated... but going to grasp the metal and have a go once I have finished a little design by Bothy Threads.. perhaps we could SAL together?

Happy Stitching
Chris x

Charbsandthebumpydog said...

Andie, I am SO with you on all of this! Perhaps you could try stitcing one with an on-line group? Winter Watergarden has just started, you could SAL with me!! I have a chart I ordered (eygypt garden) but I'm too intimidated by it. I'm finding the group/part approach much easier as you only get the chart for the little bit you are stitching each month and you get one in colour and one in black and white, very high quality and easy to follow. Plus you stitch in a big SAL with everyone else in the group so its great for support. I'm really enjoying my first one!

Maureen said...

they are not that scary - just big. I have White Night in St Petersburgy but have only made it to part II so far. Have a go, they are gorgeous

Joysze said...

Andie.... YAY!!! Good for you! I sooooo agree with you. They're nothing you can't do, wonderful stitcher that you are. :D

I can't wait to see a pic Chatelaine from you. :D

Blue_dreamer said...

Hey,

Chatelaines just take patience and making sure you read the instructions properly (especially for the specialty stitches :D)

Hope you enjoy Winter Watergarden. I have packed all my stitching up and keep eyeing it, thinking I want one Chatelaine accessible. I have Watergarden all kitted up and have started two others. Misty Morning Vineyard is my closest to being done, but still has an awfully long way to go...

Ineke said...

You do have a long wishlist of Chatelaines! Enjoy stitching them; they are very pleasant to work on.
I've ordered the Marlitt for Winter Watergarden on Friday on the website of Sew & So in UK. It is shipped on saturday. You could try if they have some more of it. I read on Charb's blog you are searching.

I declare

  2018 to be the year of Chatelaine I'm finishing off 2017 with Deep Blue Sea And starting off 2018 with a new start sal with my bestie ...