Monday, August 08, 2011

MotDB and Name Change

Well I felt inspired to try more colours for the fin of my mermaids, after 3 colours in and ripped out I decided finally on these colours, Mike thought I was nuts to start with but I think he likes it now, doesn't matter if he doesn't cause I do lol

My dilemma now?
What shades to stitch her "skirt" in, Mike says lighter shades of the red but I'm not sure if that would look wrong, the original has a different shade of the fin.

As you may have noticed I have changed my blog name, I just felt like a change, it may change back or change to something else.... I'm mot sure yet :D

We made the decision some time ago to home educate Gabrielle, Bethany and Aliyah.  It has been a bit of a process preparing and writing Gabrielles exemption application.  I'm sure when its time to apply for Bethany and Aliyahs it will be much easier.  I sent Gabrielles application in about 6 weeks ago and we got her exemption approval on Friday :D  So today is the first day of "school" for us :D


I am sure it will be an adventure :D

*hugs*

Andrea






9 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your mermaid! She's beautiful!

mdgtjulie said...

Your daughter looks lovely. I hope it goes well for you. And your MotDB is lovely. I love your color changes, but I would never be brave enough!!!

Rachel said...

Well, hello there Miss Stitching Mama! :)

I really like your MotDB! I can't wait to see more, and what other colors you are changing! Very exciting!

I am envious of your homeschooling your little ones. I have looked into it here, but the laws in NY state are so extremely rigid it makes homeschooling nearly impossible. Other states don't even have laws, weird. Have fun with it, I am sure it will be a wonderful experience for all of you! :)

Kathy said...

Wow love the colours on MotD, wish I had thought of an dif colour, but too late now as this is the second start on them I will stick to it lol, stunning hun.

WOW home schooling not brave enough for me, but wow you go girl, thats great, good luck in your journey and keep us all posted, would love to hear all about your journey with Gabrielle.

Hugs xxxxx

Rachael xxx said...

Loving the mermaid
Good luck on home schooling, you are very brave!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The mermaid is looking great on that fabric.
I'd consider home-schooling if our local one wasn't any good. For the large boy he needs to be with other people than me. Until he was 4 it was just us and we had an almost symbiotic relationship.
Small boy isn't going anywhere til he learns to talk!
As it is, I spend alot of time at school, I'm on the PTA and help out at least once a week plus I run a road safety club. It gives you a real insight into the education system!
If you decide to do a project on England let me know & I'll send some stuff!

Joysze said...

Can't wait to see what you decide about the color of her fin! :D

Good luck with homeschooling. I have a feeling you guys will have a blast. :)

***Pink Fairy*** said...

Hi!
Your blog is beautiful as like your works!
I love cross stitch and Mirabilia and Passione Ricamo's Fairies: fairies are my passion!
An hug from Italy!
Carol

Lissanne said...

I love your mermaid and the fabric you are stitching her on! I can't even imagine right now switching colors!! Hopefully one day I will have progressed enough to feel comfortable enough, or be expert enough, lol, to accomplish it!

Congratulations on Homeschooling! i am sure you and your children will enjoy it!

I am so sad!

I am feeling so so so sad and I just need to write about it somewhere. I don't want to put this on facebook.* A few days ago I got th...