Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anzac Day

Every year I remember Anzac Day.

I always think I will write a post about it.

I see them all over blog land, with awesome poetry and really well written.

And I always think I cannot do it justice.

My Dad served New Zealand in Vietnam and it really affected him.

My Great Grandad died in WW1.  He was 25 and didn't get to see his first and only child, my Grandad.

The only thing I really can say is Thank You.  Thank You for fighting for our country and what you thought was right.  Thank You for being brave, even though you were probably scared.

Thank You

5 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful sentiment, Andie.

milly said...

Lovely post Andie.

Joysze said...

You brought tears to my eyes, Andie. I echo your sentiment.... it's thanks to those brave men that we have everything we have today.

dulcinella said...

It's so wonderful all those people remember on this day those who fought and died for peace in Europe and it the rest of the world. Thank you.

Mangogirl said...

Lest We Forget the sacrifice that they made for us.

I am so sad!

I am feeling so so so sad and I just need to write about it somewhere. I don't want to put this on facebook.* A few days ago I got th...