Thursday, August 02, 2012

Wow! Gold at last

Now to some of you out there in blogland, this may be pretty minor....

BUT.....

New Zealand won their first gold medal for the 2012 Olympics tonight!!

Nathan Cohen and Joseph Sullivan (both from the South Island) just creamed in the final of the Mens double skulls.





In the interview after the race, talking about their form Nathan said:

Its better to win ugly than not at all - Nathan Cohen - Olympic Gold Medalist, London 2012

Christian and I stayed up and screamed ourselves hoarse!

I'm so proud of you guys!!

Andie

3 comments:

Colours of the Outback said...

I'm not watching the Olympics. We have it on 3 channels! Yes 3!

Karen said...

Congrats to the Kiwis! (They're pretty cute, too.)

Mangogirl said...

That's a pretty awesome achievement I love the rowing.

I declare

  2018 to be the year of Chatelaine I'm finishing off 2017 with Deep Blue Sea And starting off 2018 with a new start sal with my bestie ...